Windows 7 KB971033 Update to Disable Cracks

A new update from M$ for Windows 7 is set to disable activation workarounds that cracked copies have been using. Amazingly enough, the description of said update tells you:
This update to Windows Activation Technologies detects activation exploits and tampering to key Windows system files. These exploits try to bypass regular Windows activation and are sometimes included within counterfeit copies of Windows.
Oddly enough, just yesterday I noticed my settings for autoupdate were set to automatic despite my setting them to manual long ago, coincidence? Either way, this is the update I had expected in my shady pirated XP past and examined details extensively before I downloaded. Had my compulsion to do this left me after going legit, I would have missed this information and the feeling of vindication for all those years of checking.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home