Duke Nukem, Death Through Success

Wired has an article on the Duke Nukem story and their take on the end of it. No interviews with Broussard or Miller are present due to the legal issues they are fighting at the moment, but interviews with anonymous employees can piece things together. It briefly covers the history and origin of 3D Realms, but mostly illustrates the rise and ultimate demise of their claim to fame.

Many say that Duke's brand of humor, careless violence, and lust for semi-naked strippers is a relic from the past. Well I guess that means that I am too as it was a sad day for me when Duke died. I still believe there's a chance the hard work will finally see the light of day, even if it is finished by another firm, but I suppose that's the wishful thinking that kept it alive for twelve years.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home